US President Donald Trump's executive order banning immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries avoids targeting both countries where Trump Organization has business interests and countries whose citizens have been responsible for terror attacks on the United States.
On 27 January 2017, US President Donald Trump signed an executive order banning citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries in the Middle East from entering the United States for 90 days.
His list of countries doesn't include several Muslim-majority countries where Trump Organization has done business:
- Azerbaijan, where there is a newly built Trump International Hotel & Tower
- Egypt, where he appears to have business (Trump Marks Egypt and Trump Marks Egypt LLC)
- Saudi Arabia, where there are four Trump-related companies
- Turkey, where there are two currently operating Trump Towers and one Trump Home (manufacturing furniture)
- United Arab Emirates, where there are two Trump Golf courses under construction/development
|||See Bloomberg for a full list of Trump's conflicts of interest|